Introduction to dApps Deployment
In simple words, a dApp (decentralized application) is an application built on the top of a blockchain network that connects a smart contract and a frontend user interface.
dApps undoubtedly hold the future. With all the hype and popularity that blockchain and decentralized applications are possessing, organizations are aligning more towards dApp development. 2021 was the best year ever for dApps - the number of wallets available and trading volumes hit the peak! Games, NFTs, DeFi got an unreal momentum and the graph is only going upwards from here.
However, we are still in the early phase of the decentralized world and the network adaptation. This also means that dApps development is surely not a cakewalk.
But how exactly are dApps developed and deployed? How is the process different from developing normal (centralized) applications? What are the challenges faced by developers during dApps deployment? How can you deal with the complexities involved?
In this blog, we will discuss everything you need to know about dApps development, deployment and how you can successfully create and launch your decentralized application. Keep reading till the end for a comprehensive insight.
What are NFTs?
Let us begin by looking at NFTs and what exactly they are. Combining smart contracts with NFTs will open up a wide range of use cases and innovation opportunities.
A non-fungible token, also known as NFT, is a digital asset or a token which is unique in nature.
The non-fungible nature of an NFT assures that it can neither be replaced nor interchanged.
A non-fungible token has the following features:
- It is a digital asset - NFT basically represents digital collectibles like art, music, and games with a proof of authenticity and ownership stored as a smart contract in a blockchain network.
- Unique - NFTs cannot be forged or otherwise manipulated.
- Exchange - NFTs can only be exchanged with cryptocurrencies and on specialized sites.
Beeple, a renowned American digital artist sold his artwork - ‘Everydays: The first 5000 days’ as an NFT for a staggering $69 million.
Complexities in Deploying dApps Across Multiple Networks
Setting up a Blockchain network for dApps development can be an intimidating task for a majority of developers. Additionally, to deploy a decentralized application from scratch is more complex than it sounds. Here are the most common challenges faced during dApps development and deployment:
Difficulty in Setting Up Networks
Prior to entering the development stage, you might face a lot of complexities in setting up a blockchain network. With various parts moving simultaneously in the ecosystem, it’s tough to deal with the overall system.
The major concern is the absence of any standards when working with different Blockchain systems. Each of the nodes have their own dedicated methods for setting up the test networks and main networks. This makes network setup such a daunting task!
Smart contracts designed and programmed for one Blockchain majorly don’t work with other Blockchain networks.
Why? There simply isn’t a default standard defined for developing smart contracts. This directly implies that it’s highly difficult to make smart contracts written for one Blockchain work with another Blockchain, thus posing a challenge of its reach, which we do not usually find in cloud applications.
Challenges in Deployment
All Blockchain networks have their own unique ways of deploying smart contracts. A standardized way of deploying smart contracts into multiple Blockchains does not exist.
Insufficient Trust in Payments
The assets that you store online are potentially open to manipulation or chargebacks. Developers need to reassure security, and prevent scammers from damaging the application’s reputation.
High Transaction Fees
Relying on third-party platforms for deployment and hosting your ddecentralized app leads to slow processing and the flow of funds is not really transparent. All of this in exchange for high transaction fees.
Lack of Ownership
No doubt decentralized apps are, in-essence, licensed to the developers. Additionally, these are often only available for use on their proprietary platforms.
It is possible that they can be manipulated, lost, or taken back leaving no alternatives for the user. Clear transparency is not present and it's something to be worked upon.
Vendor Lock in
All thanks to the varied structure of each Blockchain and the absence of a standard deployment method, dApps and currencies get locked to a single blockchain. As they aren’t transferable, trading dApps outside of the current Blockchain ecosystem is lengthy and difficult.
Need of The Hour
The need of the hour is a platform that:
- Handles decentralized application deployments across multiple Blockchain networks
- Helps developers to focus on user-satisfaction rather than navigating through the Blockchain complexities
- Pushes organizations to create valuable solutions and not work extensively on deployments
- Follows the best practices for securing dApps
- Helps in reducing the high costs involved while ensuring optimum reach of dApps across platforms
- A deployment platform that provides insights across all deployments at one place
Ozone as a decentralized application delivery platform
Ozone is a platform that enables building, distributing, and monitoring of decentralized applications. Our platform serves developers and organizations with a new model of delivering digital products and services. We offer-
- A complete and easy to use Blockchain development platform
- Development tools for building Blockchain applications
- An easy development and deployment experience with real value
- A full-stack solution to Complexity and High Cost
Ozone offers end-to-end solutions for deployment of dApps on popular Blockchain networks while also allowing you to deploy containerized apps in a decentralized fashion.
Take a look:
- Deploy Your dApps onto multiple Blockchain networks from one place: Avoid vendor lock-in to a losing platform on a single Blockchain. The Ozone Network is continually building integrations with new chains to ensure your dApp never becomes obsolete. Ozone makes cross-chain dApp deployments easy and fast.
- Bring the dApps X-factor to your Modern Apps: If you have a working containerized application and wish to leverage the benefits offered by decentralized deployments, you can leverage the Ozone Decentralized Application Delivery (ODAD) solution and deploy your microservices in a decentralized fashion over the Ozone network to enjoy the best of both worlds!
- Abstract Blockchain Infrastructure complexity: Make it simple and cost-effective to develop and deploy decentralized applications using Ozone. Our platform serves as a flexible architecture for developing and managing blockchain infrastructure and applications alike.
Developing decentralized apps and deploying them is no longer a mammoth task with Ozone. Contact our team to develop and extend the reach of your dApps.
- Cut down the risks involved in decentral application / dApps deployments by leveraging standardized templates and reusable pipelines
- The fastest solution for building and deploying dApps
- Enhanced flexibility, better results and reduced costs for cross-chain deployments
- Enable a quick transition from idea to inception, and finally to delivery.
CTA - Book a Demo Now